Welcome to Conquest Paper
New Cape Town branch manager
It gives me great pleasure to be able to announce the appointment of our new Cape Town Manager, and would like to introduce you to Caz Louw.
Caz has many years of experience in our industry and we welcome the fresh approach she will bring to our company. She will work together with Gerry Pypers to give you the good service which you have come to expect from our company and, together with John Pritchard, intend to develop our market share.
Please give her a warm reception when you meet her, and don’t hesitate to contact her at the branch or on her cell phone (074-6994181) to introduce yourself, or ask for assistance.
Thank you once again for your continued support.
Conquest Paper (PTY) Lt.
- James Cropper posts improved half-year profitsIn its half-year results to 30 September 2017, the group posted revenues of £47.4m, a 4.4% increase on last year’s figure of £45.4m. Adjusted operating profit excluding the impact of its IAS 19 pension...
- Wigston aims to plug uncoated paper shortageAvailable from 1 November, the premium uncoated smooth paper, which is priced from £775 per metric ton, can be purchased in five weights, ranging from 70gsm to 120gsm and sized either SRA1 or SRA2. ...
- GF Smith launches ExtractLaunched at an event last night (7 November) at GF Smith’s London Show Space, Extract is made by removing the polyethylene coating from the paper cups using fellow manufacturer James Cropper’s CupCycling...
- Brexit uncertainty hitting Antalis’ salesMaking the announcement at the publication of parent company Sequana’s Q3 results, Antalis posted sales of €1.77bn (£1.34bn) for the period January to September 2017, a 3.8% fall on the same period from...
- Apple CEO Tim Cook visits IggesundIggesund’s Invercote premium quality board was personally selected by the late Steve Jobs for Apple’s packaging, after employees scoured the world for suitable materials and presented him with a number...
- Paper prices on the up againIn correspondence seen by PrintWeek, Feltham-based merchant Elliott Baxter (EBB) said that following a negotiation period with its suppliers it would be initiating price increases of between 6% and 9%...
- Veitsiluoto: PM2 repairs will take until year-endThe biomaterials group said that it now had updated information as a result of investigations into the incident at the Finnish mill, which resulted in significant damage to the line’s drying cylinders...
- Paper machine crash fuels uncoated supply issuesThe incident involving PM2 at Stora Enso’s Veitsiluoto mill in Finland happened earlier this month. PrintWeek understands that one of the drying cylinders on the paper machine came off its axle. ...
Uncoated paper is used every day for general office printing, newspaper and book printing.
Uncoated paper is available in many different textures, colours, weights and finishes. Uncoated paper is generally not as smooth as coated paper and tends to be more porous which means that the ink seeps into the fibres of the paper. Images printed on uncoated paper are softer and warmer and due to the non-glare surface a better choice for projects that include plenty text. If your document is designed to be written on, your best option is to select an uncoated stock.
Most recycled paper is uncoated.
Tinted A4 bonds and flat sheets, as well as Typek white bonds up to 80gsm have been discontinued by local mills.
Conquest Paper now import our own brand of white and tinted A4 and flat sheets.
Coated paper has numerous sheen options: gloss, silk and matt finishes. It has an exceptional run ability and printability, as well as a consistent high-quality surface, stiffness, bulk and opacity. Coated paper reflects more light than uncoated paper which makes it harder to read longer texts. Most flyers, magazines, posters and food packaging are printed on coated paper, which is also more resistant to dirt, moisture and wear.
Coated paper is more suitable for certain types of overprint finishing techniques such as spot coating with varnish. Photo papers for inkjet printing typically have UV coatings.Due to local mills discontinuing the production of coated stock, most of this stock is now imported from various mills overseas.
Carbonless or NCR (No Carbon Required) paper is an alternative to carbon paper, making copies of hand-written and printed documents easy and clean. This paper is commonly used for invoices, receipts and other documentation where duplication is required. Carbonless paper is usually supplied to the end-user in the form of a pad or book, with loose sets or continuous stationery also been widely used.
Carbonless paper consists of sheets of paper that are coated with micro-encapsulated dye or ink and/or a reactive clay. Lightweight digital carbonless paper, which is available in white and four tints, is variable and versatile. The print-run size is irrelevant, excellent print images in colour or black and white, single or double-sided, can be achieved at a relatively low cost using digital or hybrid printing.
GIRO carbonless reels are sheeted at our Cape Town warehouse. We supply both reels and sheets.
“Through new supply chain channels, new markets and new training initiatives for our staff, we will grow our business from being a small town success story, to a national supplier of choice to the printing and allied industries. We will innovate and grow.”
Paper is the most eco-friendly and natural way of packaging. Not only is it cost-effective versus other materials, it is completely recyclable and biodegradable.
The printing versatility of paper and its wide range of textures communicate whatever message you are wanting to convey to your customers with regard to the contents.
Envelopes, labels and tags are also considered as packaging.
We are developing a range of packaging boards for the small to medium printers and convertors in this important sector. The range includes coated one-side TMP Boards (plain and with specialized coatings) to Coated Kraft which are suitable for food, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and general packaging. The range is supported by the ability to carry reels and convert to specific size request.
Digitally printed signs are everywhere – your customers have a message to spread. And as they look for more ways to do it – bigger and better – you want to be part of the solution.
With the ability to produce large-format graphics, you can attract new customers, satisfy your current ones and keep business churning.
- Indoor and outdoor billboards, banners and signs
- Back-lit displays
- Trade show and exhibit graphics
- Retail and point of purchase
- Window clings
- Vehicle wraps
We’ve expanded our inventory to include a variety of wide format products including inks. So when your needs extend beyond our high-quality sheet-fed and web products, come explore our new WIDE world of media!
- Security Paper
- Wet Strength
- Bacon Board
Most graphic products and by-products used in the printing industry like printing blankets, cutting sticks, stitching wire etc. are available from Conquest Paper. We only sell products of proven quality from well-established, renowned brands
VARN is a leading manufacturer of premium pressroom chemistry. The VARN line is quality controlled by infrared spectrophotometry, their products are eco-friendly and guaranteed to be uniform and to perform to your complete satisfaction.
HOSTMANN STEINBERG (Huber Group) – a privately held company for over 240 years, with the founding family still involved, the hubergroup, driven by its motto of “Providing today’s printer with tomorrow’s solutions” has through intensive research and development work, constantly redefined quality standards and continues to be a market leader in offset and packaging inks.