Welcome to Conquest Paper
Staff changes at our Bloemfontein Branch
The Bloemfontein branch sales staff have been realigned so as to be able to serve you better. As you probably all know, Mr. Stiffie Neveling has reached retirement age and would like to slow down a bit, however, we as a company do not want to lose his services, so have retained him within the new structure.
I am pleased to announce that with effect from 1st March 2018, Sean Neveling will become the Bloemfontein Branch Manager, responsible for all branch operations and functions; Nikola Mettler will become Sales Manager, responsible for all sales functions and staff; Stiffie Neveling will be the Senior Sales Rep, assisting with all accounts.
I congratulate them and wish them all the best for the months and years ahead and am hoping that they can count on your support. Please feel free to reach out to them for assistance; or “just to say hi” as I know they would appreciate it.
At the end of this 2017/2018 Financial year we would like to thank you most sincerely for all your support during the past 12 months of difficult trading conditions, and wish you and all your staff, all the best for the year ahead.
Conquest Paper (PTY) Ltd
- Premier supports Friends of Chernobyl’s Children charityThe charity works to provide respite and opportunities for children living in poverty-stricken Belarus following the after-effects of the 1986 nuclear disaster. This marks the third consecutive year that...
- Smurfit Kappa joins Two SidesThe global packaging giant became a member of the initiative, which promotes the attractiveness and sustainability of paper, at the start of this month. It has joined at a time when packaging, in particular...
- YM ready with new paper wrap solutionThe current backlash against single-use plastics has caused a number of the group’s customers to ask about potential alternatives to traditional polywrap. “Paper wrap is not a new thing for us and...
- More magazine paper tonnage to be taken outThe Italy-headquartered papermaker has confirmed that it will reconfigure the PM9 paper machine at its Verzuolo mill from the production of coated mechanical papers to container board. The move has...
- Elle in recycled paper firstThe September issue of Elle UK went on sale today (8 August), billed as ‘the sustainability issue’ on the cover. The autumn publications of glossy fashion titles are typically bumper issues and Elle said...
- Greaseproof Printing Company launched by ChevlerThe Greaseproof Printing Company (GPC) was set up last month and is based at the same site as its parent in Hengoed, Mid Glamorgan. It will make use of the same litho and flexo printing equipment that...
- Strong performance for European paper industry in 2017In its annual market and industry review, the Confederation of European Paper Industries (CEPI) found that industry investment grew by 7.5% year-on-year in 2017 to €5.5bn (£4.9bn) while the industry’s...
- Production restarts as Scheufelen secures investmentPapierfabrik Scheufelen filed for insolvency at the end of January. After five months of “intense efforts” the company secured investment from Berlin-based Green Growth Fund 2/Wermuth Asset Management,...
Uncoated paper is used every day for general office printing, newspaper and book printing.
Uncoated paper is available in many different textures, colours, weights and finishes. Uncoated paper is generally not as smooth as coated paper and tends to be more porous which means that the ink seeps into the fibres of the paper. Images printed on uncoated paper are softer and warmer and due to the non-glare surface a better choice for projects that include plenty text. If your document is designed to be written on, your best option is to select an uncoated stock.
Most recycled paper is uncoated.
Tinted A4 bonds and flat sheets, as well as Typek white bonds up to 80gsm have been discontinued by local mills.
Conquest Paper now import our own brand of white and tinted A4 and flat sheets.
Coated paper has numerous sheen options: gloss, silk and matt finishes. It has an exceptional run ability and printability, as well as a consistent high-quality surface, stiffness, bulk and opacity. Coated paper reflects more light than uncoated paper which makes it harder to read longer texts. Most flyers, magazines, posters and food packaging are printed on coated paper, which is also more resistant to dirt, moisture and wear.
Coated paper is more suitable for certain types of overprint finishing techniques such as spot coating with varnish. Photo papers for inkjet printing typically have UV coatings.Due to local mills discontinuing the production of coated stock, most of this stock is now imported from various mills overseas.
Carbonless or NCR (No Carbon Required) paper is an alternative to carbon paper, making copies of hand-written and printed documents easy and clean. This paper is commonly used for invoices, receipts and other documentation where duplication is required. Carbonless paper is usually supplied to the end-user in the form of a pad or book, with loose sets or continuous stationery also been widely used.
Carbonless paper consists of sheets of paper that are coated with micro-encapsulated dye or ink and/or a reactive clay. Lightweight digital carbonless paper, which is available in white and four tints, is variable and versatile. The print-run size is irrelevant, excellent print images in colour or black and white, single or double-sided, can be achieved at a relatively low cost using digital or hybrid printing.
GIRO carbonless reels are sheeted at our Cape Town warehouse. We supply both reels and sheets.
“Through new supply chain channels, new markets and new training initiatives for our staff, we will grow our business from being a small town success story, to a national supplier of choice to the printing and allied industries. We will innovate and grow.”
Paper is the most eco-friendly and natural way of packaging. Not only is it cost-effective versus other materials, it is completely recyclable and biodegradable.
The printing versatility of paper and its wide range of textures communicate whatever message you are wanting to convey to your customers with regard to the contents.
Envelopes, labels and tags are also considered as packaging.
We are developing a range of packaging boards for the small to medium printers and convertors in this important sector. The range includes coated one-side TMP Boards (plain and with specialized coatings) to Coated Kraft which are suitable for food, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and general packaging. The range is supported by the ability to carry reels and convert to specific size request.
Digitally printed signs are everywhere – your customers have a message to spread. And as they look for more ways to do it – bigger and better – you want to be part of the solution.
With the ability to produce large-format graphics, you can attract new customers, satisfy your current ones and keep business churning.
- Indoor and outdoor billboards, banners and signs
- Back-lit displays
- Trade show and exhibit graphics
- Retail and point of purchase
- Window clings
- Vehicle wraps
We’ve expanded our inventory to include a variety of wide format products including inks. So when your needs extend beyond our high-quality sheet-fed and web products, come explore our new WIDE world of media!
- Security Paper
- Wet Strength
- Bacon Board
- Archival Products (Mounting Boards, Folders, Boxes)
Most graphic products and by-products used in the printing industry like printing blankets, cutting sticks, stitching wire etc. are available from Conquest Paper. We only sell products of proven quality from well-established, renowned brands
VARN is a leading manufacturer of premium pressroom chemistry. The VARN line is quality controlled by infrared spectrophotometry, their products are eco-friendly and guaranteed to be uniform and to perform to your complete satisfaction.
HOSTMANN STEINBERG (Huber Group) – a privately held company for over 240 years, with the founding family still involved, the hubergroup, driven by its motto of “Providing today’s printer with tomorrow’s solutions” has through intensive research and development work, constantly redefined quality standards and continues to be a market leader in offset and packaging inks.