Welcome to Conquest Paper
Staff changes at our Bloemfontein Branch
The Bloemfontein branch sales staff have been realigned so as to be able to serve you better. As you probably all know, Mr. Stiffie Neveling has reached retirement age and would like to slow down a bit, however, we as a company do not want to lose his services, so have retained him within the new structure.
I am pleased to announce that with effect from 1st March 2018, Sean Neveling will become the Bloemfontein Branch Manager, responsible for all branch operations and functions; Nikola Mettler will become Sales Manager, responsible for all sales functions and staff; Stiffie Neveling will be the Senior Sales Rep, assisting with all accounts.
I congratulate them and wish them all the best for the months and years ahead and am hoping that they can count on your support. Please feel free to reach out to them for assistance; or “just to say hi” as I know they would appreciate it.
At the end of this 2017/2018 Financial year we would like to thank you most sincerely for all your support during the past 12 months of difficult trading conditions, and wish you and all your staff, all the best for the year ahead.
Conquest Paper (PTY) Ltd
- Zanders 'on right path' to exit insolvencyThe German paper maker was among a number of non-integrated producers to be hit by big increases in input costs, including pulp, and began insolvency proceedings over the summer. Insolvency administrator...
- Antalis reveals Review winnersThe awards ceremony was held last night (18 September) at central London venue Circus, with circus-themed entertainment to mark the event’s 27th year. This year the awards were split into six design...
- James Cropper warns on profitsIn a trading update released yesterday afternoon (18 September), James Cropper said that since its full-year results to 31 March 2018, published in June, the strength of the pulp price has continued and...
- FSC Friday to celebrate responsible forest management28 September will see FSC-certified businesses, FSC members, schools and organisations around the world host a series of events to support, celebrate and raise awareness of responsible forest management....
- Paper costs blamed for iWeekend price hikeOliver Duff said the Saturday edition’s “unwelcome” 20p price boost was a reflection of the increasing cost of raw materials, which he said had risen sharply to a point at which publisher Johnston Press...
- Paper prices to rise again in OctoberThis is the fourth time this year that price rises have been announced, with rising production costs – in particular the soaring price of pulp – cited as the driving force. Premier Paper Group, Denmaur...
- Flagship paper merchant site flattenedThe huge 31,000sqm Moulton Park warehouse and distribution site near Northampton was put up for let after the 2015 collapse of merchanting group Paperlinx UK, Robert Horne’s owner, but without success....
- Premier supports Friends of Chernobyl’s Children charityThe charity works to provide respite and opportunities for children living in poverty-stricken Belarus following the after-effects of the 1986 nuclear disaster. This marks the third consecutive year that...
Uncoated paper is used every day for general office printing, newspaper and book printing.
Uncoated paper is available in many different textures, colours, weights and finishes. Uncoated paper is generally not as smooth as coated paper and tends to be more porous which means that the ink seeps into the fibres of the paper. Images printed on uncoated paper are softer and warmer and due to the non-glare surface a better choice for projects that include plenty text. If your document is designed to be written on, your best option is to select an uncoated stock.
Most recycled paper is uncoated.
Tinted A4 bonds and flat sheets, as well as Typek white bonds up to 80gsm have been discontinued by local mills.
Conquest Paper now import our own brand of white and tinted A4 and flat sheets.
Coated paper has numerous sheen options: gloss, silk and matt finishes. It has an exceptional run ability and printability, as well as a consistent high-quality surface, stiffness, bulk and opacity. Coated paper reflects more light than uncoated paper which makes it harder to read longer texts. Most flyers, magazines, posters and food packaging are printed on coated paper, which is also more resistant to dirt, moisture and wear.
Coated paper is more suitable for certain types of overprint finishing techniques such as spot coating with varnish. Photo papers for inkjet printing typically have UV coatings.Due to local mills discontinuing the production of coated stock, most of this stock is now imported from various mills overseas.
Carbonless or NCR (No Carbon Required) paper is an alternative to carbon paper, making copies of hand-written and printed documents easy and clean. This paper is commonly used for invoices, receipts and other documentation where duplication is required. Carbonless paper is usually supplied to the end-user in the form of a pad or book, with loose sets or continuous stationery also been widely used.
Carbonless paper consists of sheets of paper that are coated with micro-encapsulated dye or ink and/or a reactive clay. Lightweight digital carbonless paper, which is available in white and four tints, is variable and versatile. The print-run size is irrelevant, excellent print images in colour or black and white, single or double-sided, can be achieved at a relatively low cost using digital or hybrid printing.
GIRO carbonless reels are sheeted at our Cape Town warehouse. We supply both reels and sheets.
“Through new supply chain channels, new markets and new training initiatives for our staff, we will grow our business from being a small town success story, to a national supplier of choice to the printing and allied industries. We will innovate and grow.”
Paper is the most eco-friendly and natural way of packaging. Not only is it cost-effective versus other materials, it is completely recyclable and biodegradable.
The printing versatility of paper and its wide range of textures communicate whatever message you are wanting to convey to your customers with regard to the contents.
Envelopes, labels and tags are also considered as packaging.
We are developing a range of packaging boards for the small to medium printers and convertors in this important sector. The range includes coated one-side TMP Boards (plain and with specialized coatings) to Coated Kraft which are suitable for food, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and general packaging. The range is supported by the ability to carry reels and convert to specific size request.
Digitally printed signs are everywhere – your customers have a message to spread. And as they look for more ways to do it – bigger and better – you want to be part of the solution.
With the ability to produce large-format graphics, you can attract new customers, satisfy your current ones and keep business churning.
- Indoor and outdoor billboards, banners and signs
- Back-lit displays
- Trade show and exhibit graphics
- Retail and point of purchase
- Window clings
- Vehicle wraps
We’ve expanded our inventory to include a variety of wide format products including inks. So when your needs extend beyond our high-quality sheet-fed and web products, come explore our new WIDE world of media!
- Security Paper
- Wet Strength
- Bacon Board
- Archival Products (Mounting Boards, Folders, Boxes)
Most graphic products and by-products used in the printing industry like printing blankets, cutting sticks, stitching wire etc. are available from Conquest Paper. We only sell products of proven quality from well-established, renowned brands
VARN is a leading manufacturer of premium pressroom chemistry. The VARN line is quality controlled by infrared spectrophotometry, their products are eco-friendly and guaranteed to be uniform and to perform to your complete satisfaction.
HOSTMANN STEINBERG (Huber Group) – a privately held company for over 240 years, with the founding family still involved, the hubergroup, driven by its motto of “Providing today’s printer with tomorrow’s solutions” has through intensive research and development work, constantly redefined quality standards and continues to be a market leader in offset and packaging inks.