Welcome to Conquest Paper
Employee of the Month
We at Conquest Paper (Pty) Ltd believe that we can only achieve and maintain our high standards by working as a team. We appreciate the efforts and dedication of each and every employee and have decided to introduce an “Employee of the month” programme. These employees have exceeded our expectations and have ‘gone the extra mile’ to ensure continued customer satisfaction.
The Bloemfontein branch would like to congratulate VINCENT MORAKILE, who was nominated Employee of the Month for May 2019.
And in recognition and appreciation of their positive contribution towards the MONDi brand during the month of May 2019, VINCENT MORAKILE and EDUARD MOSTERT, were awarded a Certificate of Appreciation.
We are proud to have you on our team!
Keep up the good work.
- Scheufelen understood to be winding upThe Lenningen-based company filed for insolvency in February, seven months after it was resurrected as Scheufelen GmbH after securing investment from Berlin-based Green Growth Fund 2/Wermuth Asset Management,...
- Unite welcomes Arjo Stoneywood MBO optionLast week PrintWeek reported that the MBO team, which includes Stoneywood mill manager Angus MacSween, is working with Scottish Enterprise and various other parties on a deal for the 489-staff operation,...
- Arjo UK: MBO team aims to take control after bid falls awayThe two mills, along with a sales office in Basingstoke, went into administration in January alongside a number of other related UK businesses due to events at parent company Sequana, which is now in liquidation....
- Stora Enso confirms exit from coated woodfree marketThe decision was announced today (28 May) following a lengthy feasibility study that began last summer and was further revised in March. Oulu is Stora Enso’s only coated woodfree fine paper mill and...
- Sequana to be liquidatedThe decision was announced yesterday by the Commercial Court of Nanterre. Sequana will be liquidated over a two-year period by a court-appointed liquidator, and the group will ask Euronext to continue...
- Demand fuels Smurfit Kappa mill investmentThe Roermond Paper Mill began improvements on its 5m-wide Paper Machine 1 (PM1) a couple of years ago, rebuilding the winder, the press section, the drying section and the film press since then. The...
- Lecta still to decide on possible CWF conversion at CondatThe Spain-headquartered papermaking group said that the downward trend in demand for CWF paper – with overall sales in Europe down 9% last year – had worsened in recent months, and the decision to shutter...
- Former Gould CEO takes majority stake in DenmaurHarry E Gould Jr completed a deal today with Mike and Nick Gee, Denmaur chief executive and managing director respectively, to become the majority shareholder of the Sittingbourne-headquartered paper business....
Uncoated paper is used every day for general office printing, newspaper and book printing.
Uncoated paper is available in many different textures, colours, weights and finishes. Uncoated paper is generally not as smooth as coated paper and tends to be more porous which means that the ink seeps into the fibres of the paper. Images printed on uncoated paper are softer and warmer and due to the non-glare surface a better choice for projects that include plenty text. If your document is designed to be written on, your best option is to select an uncoated stock.
Most recycled paper is uncoated.
Tinted A4 bonds and flat sheets, as well as Typek white bonds up to 80gsm have been discontinued by local mills.
Conquest Paper now import our own brand of white and tinted A4 and flat sheets.
Coated paper has numerous sheen options: gloss, silk and matt finishes. It has an exceptional run ability and printability, as well as a consistent high-quality surface, stiffness, bulk and opacity. Coated paper reflects more light than uncoated paper which makes it harder to read longer texts. Most flyers, magazines, posters and food packaging are printed on coated paper, which is also more resistant to dirt, moisture and wear.
Coated paper is more suitable for certain types of overprint finishing techniques such as spot coating with varnish. Photo papers for inkjet printing typically have UV coatings.Due to local mills discontinuing the production of coated stock, most of this stock is now imported from various mills overseas.
Carbonless or NCR (No Carbon Required) paper is an alternative to carbon paper, making copies of hand-written and printed documents easy and clean. This paper is commonly used for invoices, receipts and other documentation where duplication is required. Carbonless paper is usually supplied to the end-user in the form of a pad or book, with loose sets or continuous stationery also been widely used.
Carbonless paper consists of sheets of paper that are coated with micro-encapsulated dye or ink and/or a reactive clay. Lightweight digital carbonless paper, which is available in white and four tints, is variable and versatile. The print-run size is irrelevant, excellent print images in colour or black and white, single or double-sided, can be achieved at a relatively low cost using digital or hybrid printing.
GIRO carbonless reels are sheeted at our Cape Town warehouse. We supply both reels and sheets.
“Through new supply chain channels, new markets and new training initiatives for our staff, we will grow our business from being a small town success story, to a national supplier of choice to the printing and allied industries. We will innovate and grow.”
Paper is the most eco-friendly and natural way of packaging. Not only is it cost-effective versus other materials, it is completely recyclable and biodegradable.
The printing versatility of paper and its wide range of textures communicate whatever message you are wanting to convey to your customers with regard to the contents.
Envelopes, labels and tags are also considered as packaging.
We are developing a range of packaging boards for the small to medium printers and convertors in this important sector. The range includes coated one-side TMP Boards (plain and with specialized coatings) to Coated Kraft which are suitable for food, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and general packaging. The range is supported by the ability to carry reels and convert to specific size request.
Digitally printed signs are everywhere – your customers have a message to spread. And as they look for more ways to do it – bigger and better – you want to be part of the solution.
With the ability to produce large-format graphics, you can attract new customers, satisfy your current ones and keep business churning.
- Indoor and outdoor billboards, banners and signs
- Back-lit displays
- Trade show and exhibit graphics
- Retail and point of purchase
- Window clings
- Vehicle wraps
We’ve expanded our inventory to include a variety of wide format products including inks. So when your needs extend beyond our high-quality sheet-fed and web products, come explore our new WIDE world of media!
- Security Paper
- Wet Strength
- Bacon Board
- Archival Products (Mounting Boards, Folders, Boxes)
Most graphic products and by-products used in the printing industry like printing blankets, cutting sticks, stitching wire etc. are available from Conquest Paper. We only sell products of proven quality from well-established, renowned brands
VARN is a leading manufacturer of premium pressroom chemistry. The VARN line is quality controlled by infrared spectrophotometry, their products are eco-friendly and guaranteed to be uniform and to perform to your complete satisfaction.
HOSTMANN STEINBERG (Huber Group) – a privately held company for over 240 years, with the founding family still involved, the hubergroup, driven by its motto of “Providing today’s printer with tomorrow’s solutions” has through intensive research and development work, constantly redefined quality standards and continues to be a market leader in offset and packaging inks.